Bacon Bacon closed restaurant reopens in San Francisco, pungent pork odor resolved
July 12, 2013 (SAN FRANCISCO) (WLS) -- A battle over bacon is finally settled in San Francisco.
Health officials closed the Bacon Bacon restaurant down in May because neighbors complained of the pungent smell of sizzling pork.
But thousands of fans signed a petition opposing that decision.
The food fight ended up in court.
And on Thursday a judge ruled Bacon Bacon can re-open, as long as it updates its ventilation system.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 16 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip 11 min ago
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor