Bride lights dress on fire as part of dangerous 'trash the dress' trend
July 17, 2013 (WLS) -- Most women spend months searching for the perfect wedding dress.
Now some brides are taking part in a new trend aimed at destroying them.
It's all for an extreme version of wedding photography called "trashing the dress."
Newly minted brides are covered in paint, buckets of mud, and in the case of Natasha Samuel- fire.
Samuel is catching some heat over the photo after video of the Israeli bride's dress lighting up in flames has gone viral on YouTube.
"From look of it, it looked a little on the dangerous side," said Michael Cooper, photographer.
Last summer this trend turned tragic when a 30-year old bride from Montreal drowned during her trash the dress photo shoot, when her dress dragged her downstream.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 4 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 20 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 5 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
49 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos