$92 quadrillion accidentally given to PayPal customer
July 18, 2013 -- A Pennsylvania man was briefly the richest man on the planet - with $92 quadrillion.
When Chris Reynolds opened up his monthly e-mail statement from Paypal, it said he had more than $92 quadrillion in his account! Obviously it was a mistake.
Paypal quickly realized the error and fixed it. Reynolds says when he logged back in his account balance was $0, the correct amount.
Paypal apologized and offered to donate an unspecified amount of money to a cause of Reynolds' choice. When asked what he would do if he really did have that money, Reynolds said he would probably offer to pay down the national debt.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured
- Family searching for missing Lansing man 1 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe 51 min ago
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney