741-pound alligator sets new Mississippi record
September 12, 2013 (PORT GIBSON, Miss.) (WLS) -- A 741-pound alligator was pulled from the Mississippi River near Port Gibson, Mississippi, setting a new state record for Mississippi.
Jimmy Greer, Dalco Turner, John Ratcliff and Jennifer Ratcliff caught the 741.5-pound gator, shattering a record made just last week when someone caught a 727-pound alligator. Before that, the record had been 723.5-pound gator.
This latest, biggest alligator also tied for the longest at 13 feet and 6.5 inches.
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks' Alligator program coordinator was called in so the animal could be lifted and weighed.
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits 58 min ago