Man breaks into church to pray, Texas police say
September 12, 2013 (HOUSTON) -- A man said he broke into a Texas church because he wanted pray, police said.
Juan Ramon Maldonado, 19, is charged with criminal trespass. Detectives say a around 3 p.m. Tuesday, a woman inside the church heard someone trying to break open the locked front doors. When the woman confronted Maldonado, he simply told her he "came to pray." The woman then left the church with her three children and called authorities.
When deputies arrived, they found Maldonado sitting at a piano. He then told deputies he "came to pray" and pulled on the church doors forcibly to enter the building.
He was then arrested and taken to the Montgomery County Jail.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 22 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 8 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 27 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos