Man breaks into church to pray, Texas police say
September 12, 2013 (HOUSTON) -- A man said he broke into a Texas church because he wanted pray, police said.
Juan Ramon Maldonado, 19, is charged with criminal trespass. Detectives say a around 3 p.m. Tuesday, a woman inside the church heard someone trying to break open the locked front doors. When the woman confronted Maldonado, he simply told her he "came to pray." The woman then left the church with her three children and called authorities.
When deputies arrived, they found Maldonado sitting at a piano. He then told deputies he "came to pray" and pulled on the church doors forcibly to enter the building.
He was then arrested and taken to the Montgomery County Jail.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking