UofC study: Standing in line good for you
October 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some people make fun of people who line up to wait for the latest gadgets or sales.
But a new study finds that standing in line is actually good for you. Research from the University of Chicago shows that the process gives you patience and leads to making better financial decisions.
It also gives a higher sense of reward once you get your goal or goods and makes them seem worth the wait and more valuable.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 10 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless 56 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport