Drunk Dial Congress: DrunkDialCongress.org site urges intoxicated calls
October 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Fed up with the government shutdown? You're not alone -- apparently lots of Americans want to give Congress a piece of their mind.
So they're flocking to a new website that lets visitors order a little payback for lawmakers in Washington.
If you're mad at Congress, you could hold a sign, maybe one saying "Congress beware, when we're screwed we multiply." Or you could try a free service at the website drunkdialcongress.org.
You enter your number at the website. In a couple of seconds, the recorded drunk dialer calls you back.
"We're gonna pass you to a member of the House of Representatives."
Your call is then forwarded to a randomly chosen representative so you can give them a piece of your mind.
One Florida Republican's office had no comment on drunkdialcongress.org. It was set up, they say for fun, by a digital tech company founded by a former Obama campaign staffer, who says he'll actually lose money on it.
On Thursday afternoon, the website apparently needed a drink, for a while it stopped working, overwhelmed.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits