CareerBuilder sick days survey out on weirdest excuses
October 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Did you call in sick for work today?
CareerBuilder's annual survey of sick days is out, along with the "creative excuses" workers have given for calling in sick.
According to the study, nearly one-third of workers have called in sick when not actually ill. Some of the most original excuses include: a swarm of bees has surrounded my vehicle, so I can't make it in.
Another claimed to have received a threatening phone call from the electric company and needed to report it to the FBI. One employee took a sick day because his fake eye was falling out of its socket.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 20 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 21 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77
18 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
20 min ago