CareerBuilder sick days survey out on weirdest excuses
October 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Did you call in sick for work today?
CareerBuilder's annual survey of sick days is out, along with the "creative excuses" workers have given for calling in sick.
According to the study, nearly one-third of workers have called in sick when not actually ill. Some of the most original excuses include: a swarm of bees has surrounded my vehicle, so I can't make it in.
Another claimed to have received a threatening phone call from the electric company and needed to report it to the FBI. One employee took a sick day because his fake eye was falling out of its socket.
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher reported missing 10 min ago
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica 27 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos