Pumpkin thief reprimanded in sign posted by angry mom
October 29, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- An angry mother posted a message for the thief who stole her son's pumpkin. That person may not have seen it, but the sign is getting the attention of many other people.
Originally there were four pumpkins on the steps of the Reina family's Washington D.C. home. One for Becky Reina, her husband and their children Tommy and Abby.
But Tommy's was taken. So Becky Reina left a sign expressing her frustration. She comments that the theft will teach her son a life lesson, that sometimes people are mean for no reason.
Then because her son can't read yet, she uses an expletive to describe the thief.
"Pumpkins get smashed, pumpkins get stolen of course. I was really just mad because it was only his pumpkin," said Reina.
Becky Reina's neighbors have read the sign, it's been posted on the internet and she says she even got a call from the Daily Mail in London.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking