Pumpkin thief reprimanded in sign posted by angry mom
October 29, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- An angry mother posted a message for the thief who stole her son's pumpkin. That person may not have seen it, but the sign is getting the attention of many other people.
Originally there were four pumpkins on the steps of the Reina family's Washington D.C. home. One for Becky Reina, her husband and their children Tommy and Abby.
But Tommy's was taken. So Becky Reina left a sign expressing her frustration. She comments that the theft will teach her son a life lesson, that sometimes people are mean for no reason.
Then because her son can't read yet, she uses an expletive to describe the thief.
"Pumpkins get smashed, pumpkins get stolen of course. I was really just mad because it was only his pumpkin," said Reina.
Becky Reina's neighbors have read the sign, it's been posted on the internet and she says she even got a call from the Daily Mail in London.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago 12 min ago
- Set clocks ahead 1 hour for daylight savings
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD