Chicago-area women earn less than men, study says
October 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressional districts in the Chicago area are among the worst for pay disparity between women and men.
According to the National Partnership for Women and Families, Illinois' 13th District in the southwest suburbs and the 1st District in northwest Indiana are in the top 10.
Women in the Illinois district made just 67 percent of what men make. That's nearly $23,000 less.
In the Indiana district, women make $17,000 less than men.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 35 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 9 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
35 min ago