Chicago-area women earn less than men, study says
October 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressional districts in the Chicago area are among the worst for pay disparity between women and men.
According to the National Partnership for Women and Families, Illinois' 13th District in the southwest suburbs and the 1st District in northwest Indiana are in the top 10.
Women in the Illinois district made just 67 percent of what men make. That's nearly $23,000 less.
In the Indiana district, women make $17,000 less than men.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos