Chicago-area women earn less than men, study says
October 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressional districts in the Chicago area are among the worst for pay disparity between women and men.
According to the National Partnership for Women and Families, Illinois' 13th District in the southwest suburbs and the 1st District in northwest Indiana are in the top 10.
Women in the Illinois district made just 67 percent of what men make. That's nearly $23,000 less.
In the Indiana district, women make $17,000 less than men.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Man charged with making video in hospital bathroom 14 min ago
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- Astronaut Lovell to dedicate Chicago memorial garden
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups
- Rose, Davies among honorees at Silver Circle Awards
- Maria's final class graduating
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos