For Your Family
Bullying at early ages
Can children as young as 5 and 6 exhibit signs of bullying behavior? Can children in kindergarten become victims of bullying?
Janet Heller is the author of an award winning children's book called "How the Moon Regained Her Shape." She spoke with ABC7 about how she was bullied as a child in kindergarten and how to help other families recognize and cope with the issue of bullying.
Heller wrote the book for parents and educators to use as a tool to discuss bullying with young children. Influenced by Native American legends, Heller's story portrays a full moon that shrinks due to bullying. Through the book, bullied children learn how to rebuild their self-esteem.
For more information on the book and tips on how to deal with bullying behavior, visit sylvandellpublishing.com
for your family, judy hsu
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 53 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 41 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos