For Your Family
Bullying at early ages
Can children as young as 5 and 6 exhibit signs of bullying behavior? Can children in kindergarten become victims of bullying?
Janet Heller is the author of an award winning children's book called "How the Moon Regained Her Shape." She spoke with ABC7 about how she was bullied as a child in kindergarten and how to help other families recognize and cope with the issue of bullying.
Heller wrote the book for parents and educators to use as a tool to discuss bullying with young children. Influenced by Native American legends, Heller's story portrays a full moon that shrinks due to bullying. Through the book, bullied children learn how to rebuild their self-esteem.
For more information on the book and tips on how to deal with bullying behavior, visit sylvandellpublishing.com
for your family, judy hsu
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies 15 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 12 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti 34 min ago
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- CPD adds bikes to "Operation Impact" foot...
12 min ago
- 7 in :77