For Your Family
Bullying at early ages
Can children as young as 5 and 6 exhibit signs of bullying behavior? Can children in kindergarten become victims of bullying?
Janet Heller is the author of an award winning children's book called "How the Moon Regained Her Shape." She spoke with ABC7 about how she was bullied as a child in kindergarten and how to help other families recognize and cope with the issue of bullying.
Heller wrote the book for parents and educators to use as a tool to discuss bullying with young children. Influenced by Native American legends, Heller's story portrays a full moon that shrinks due to bullying. Through the book, bullied children learn how to rebuild their self-esteem.
For more information on the book and tips on how to deal with bullying behavior, visit sylvandellpublishing.com
for your family, judy hsu
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 22 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM 26 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery 28 min ago
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes 4 min ago
- Attempted child abduction reported on West Side 37 min ago
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville 6 min ago
- CTA Red Line resumes service 47th to 95th/Dan Ryan
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Wonder Lake man charged with sexually abusing juvenile
- 'Blues Brothers' mall chase recreated with...
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- La Porte County burglary ring busted
30 min ago
- Missing woman's body found near Libertyville
16 min ago
- Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
26 min ago