For Your Family
Bullying at early ages
Can children as young as 5 and 6 exhibit signs of bullying behavior? Can children in kindergarten become victims of bullying?
Janet Heller is the author of an award winning children's book called "How the Moon Regained Her Shape." She spoke with ABC7 about how she was bullied as a child in kindergarten and how to help other families recognize and cope with the issue of bullying.
Heller wrote the book for parents and educators to use as a tool to discuss bullying with young children. Influenced by Native American legends, Heller's story portrays a full moon that shrinks due to bullying. Through the book, bullied children learn how to rebuild their self-esteem.
For more information on the book and tips on how to deal with bullying behavior, visit sylvandellpublishing.com
for your family, judy hsu
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits 35 min ago