For Your Family
Bullying at early ages
Can children as young as 5 and 6 exhibit signs of bullying behavior? Can children in kindergarten become victims of bullying?
Janet Heller is the author of an award winning children's book called "How the Moon Regained Her Shape." She spoke with ABC7 about how she was bullied as a child in kindergarten and how to help other families recognize and cope with the issue of bullying.
Heller wrote the book for parents and educators to use as a tool to discuss bullying with young children. Influenced by Native American legends, Heller's story portrays a full moon that shrinks due to bullying. Through the book, bullied children learn how to rebuild their self-esteem.
For more information on the book and tips on how to deal with bullying behavior, visit sylvandellpublishing.com
for your family, judy hsu
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 12 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges 44 min ago
- Kan. couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost... 27 min ago
- Firefighter convicted of wife murder still gets pension in prison 31 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- IDOT proposes tolls for Illiana Expressway
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break