For Your Family
College athletic recruiting process
September 14, 2009 -- The college athletic recruiting process can be one of the most exciting times for high school athletes to be recruited by a college coach.
But with that, comes stress, confusion and anxiety. And according to a new book, "Athletes Wanted," too many talented kids never make it because they started the process too late.
Top recruiting myths:
" If you're good enough, they will find you.
" The best opportunities are at Division I colleges and universities.
" Your coach is responsible for getting you a scholarship.
Proceeds from the book go to a foundation that supports student athletes.
for your family
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie apartment residents 2 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum 12 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie...
2 min ago
- Chicago remembers radio legend Larry Lujack
50 min ago