For Your Family
New Chicago Baby and Toddler Expo
July 26, 2010 (PRESS RELEASE) -- Three bad-to-the-bone rocker moms and kiddie jam bands will headline the family-friendly entertainment at the Chicago Baby & Toddler Expo, keeping hips swaying, heads bobbing, and hands clapping at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center, Saturday, July 31 and Sunday, August 1, 2010. In addition to more than 125 exhibitors, the Expo will be overflowing with more fun than a new mom's diaper bag - with games and contests, live bogging from the Moms Connect area, themed parties, seminars and parent lounges.
The Chicago Baby & Toddler Expo will be open Saturday, July 31, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, August 1 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center, located at 1551 North Thoreau Drive, Schaumburg, IL 60173.
General admission to the Expo is $7 online and $10 at the door, $5 for grandparents, and free for children under 5.
For more information about the Chicago Baby & Toddler Expo or to purchase discount admission tickets online visit www.bebepaluzza.com or call (317) 517-9920.The Chicago Baby & Toddler Expo is produced by Bebe Paluzza, the nation's largest producer of baby fairs and events.
1) Britax Marathon 70 convertible car seat, $279.99; at Expo for $229.99 -- LOWER THIRD
Facts (general):Head injury is the leading cause of vehicle crash-related deaths for children up to 12 years old and comprises 65 percent of injuries in both frontal and side impact crashes, according to Child Injury Led Design and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Facts (about product):
Britax just redesigned and relaunched its most popular line of convertible car seats this summer. It's BRAND NEW.
* The new line offers Superior 360 Degree Protection with Revolutionary Head Safety Technology, including:
* A re-engineered lower center of gravity that creates stability in the event of a crash.
* Integrated steel bars that strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash.
* Patent-pending Britax SafeCell" Technology with SafeCells that are designed to compress in a crash. This significantly lowers the center of gravity and counteracts the forward rotation of the child seat, which normally propels the child toward the front seat.
* Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether® anchors the top of the car seat, minimizing forward-rotation and reducing crash forces reaching the child.
2) Joovy 2010 Ergo Caboose, $399.99 -- LOWER THIRD
Facts (about stroller product):
The product was just redesigned for 2010. It's BRAND NEW.
Better Front Suspension: The new twin piston front wheel suspension ensures a smooth ride with the least amount of effort by the pushing parent.
Improved front seat recline with a magnetic recline lock for easy seat adjustments
Ergonomically designed front seat helps eliminate pressure points by evenly distributing the child's weight across the entire mesh seat
The Ergo includes a Universal Car Seat Adapter
The Ergo includes a roomy back seat that flips open for easy access to the large storage basket
3) Baby Carrot Journal, $19.95/$24.95 --- LOWER THIRD
Baby Carrots was created by two childhood best friends. When expecting for the first time, they figured they could still do it all. Before their second babies arrived, they knew they needed a little extra help. They searched for a tool to help and didn't find anything that met their needs - so they created Baby Carrots
Local company: Based in Hoffmann Estates, IL
Facts (about product):
Baby Carrots helps parents track feedings, sleep patterns, baths, doctor visit and questions, immunizations, milestones, baby gifts and important notes you want to write to your child concerning the special moments you just don't want to forget
The journal includes thoughtful advice from real moms, to help first-time mothers take the best care of their newborns
The journal has a 12 month planner
Baby Carrots can also be personalized, which makes it a great gift
4) Mrs. Smith Bags, $64.99 -$129.99 (at Expo $48.75 -$97.50) -- LOWER THIRD
Designed first diaper bag in summer 2006 using a cardboard box and tape, and with kids in tow visited a local manufacturer who made the first prototype
HQ is located in her kids' playroom, home-based business
Local company: Based in Highland Park, IL
Started company after she was rooting through a generic, unorganized diaper bag in an airport, looking for her crying son's favorite toy, when she spilled a bottle of milk on everything in the bag. She searched for a bag that would help her stay organized, but was unsuccessful. So she designed and manufactured her own
Facts (about product):
Mrs. Smith Bags are all about organization, and are equipped with:
Insulated pull-out drawer for snacks and toys
Insulated bottle holder
Cell phone holder
Washable, full size changing pad (under top flap of bag)
Sippy cup holder
Zipper pocket inside bag
Padded sunglasses holder
Converts to a backpack for easy portability
5) Boogie Wipes, $3.99 -- LOWER THIRD
Facts (about product):
Boogie Wipes are moist wipes made with natural saline to dissolve mucus.
Boogie Wipes are extra soft and moisturize stuffy noses with aloe and vitamin E (great alternative to a dry tissue)
Boogie Wipes are hypoallergenic
Boogie Wipes are alcohol, phthalate and paraben free
Available at 50,000 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada
Sponsoring the Daddyathon at the Chicago Baby & Toddler Expo
6) Educational/music CDs and DVDs/Juno plush doll -- LOWER THIRD
Juno's Rhythm Adventure (DVD) - retails for $17.99
Way To Go Juno! (DVD) - retails for $17.99
Indie's Great Teddy Bear Hunt (DVD) - retails for $17.99
Juno Baby - Super Duper Deluxe Edition (CD) - retails for $9.99
Juno Baby - Orchestral Edition (CD) - retails for $9.99
Juno Baby - Sing Along Edition (CD) - retails for $11.99
Juno plush doll - retails for $19.99
The Juno Company creates products that encourage music appreciation in young children
Emmy Award-winning CDS and DVDs
Created by classical composer and mom Belinda Takahashi
Juno Baby puppet characters are designed by the same masters who created Sesame Street and the Muppets
Juno Baby has collaborated with top researchers, artists and musicians to create its award-winning line of products
Juno Baby has initiated The One for All Program, which donates a music education DVD to a child in need for every Juno Baby product sold
Chicago Baby & Toddler Expo
Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center
Sat. & Sun.
for your family
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury 8 min ago
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 49 min ago
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...