For Your Family
For Your Family: 'Not Quite Adults'
January 17, 2011 -- A new book is shattering stereotypes about today's 20-somethings.
The book, "Not Quite Adults," explains why 20-somethings are choosing a slower path to adulthood and why it's good for everyone. One of the authors, Barbara Ray, joins us to talk more about her research.
- Here are some of the findings:
- Few young adults who live at home are "mooching" off their parents.
- Helicopter parents aren't so bad after all.
- College debt can be a good thing for 20-somethings.
- Marriage isn't dead -- it's just delayed.
for your family
- Report: 4 schools could be saved in CPS vote 3 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs 2 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting 9 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
45 min ago
- Report: 4 schools could be saved in CPS vote
3 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards...
2 min ago
- Swim Safety Tips
38 min ago