For Your Family
For Your Family: Trans-fats
February 28, 2011 (WLS) -- There's a new initiative to eliminate trans-fats from school lunches in Illinois.
It's been done in other states. Trans-fat is considered a health risk. Now, the American Heart Association is launching a campaign to get rid of them completely from school lunches and vending machines.
Heart attack warning signs: Chest discomfort, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, jaw or back pain
Stroke warning signs: Numbness of face, arm or leg, trouble speaking/understanding, trouble seeing, dizziness, severe headache
for your family, judy hsu
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 15 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges 10 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Winter weather advisories issued as snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- Kanye West likens job to police work; Ohio chief disagrees
- Affluenza defense nets Ethan Couch probation
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- 7 in :77
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
15 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance,...
10 min ago