For Your Family
For Your Family: Trans-fats
February 28, 2011 (WLS) -- There's a new initiative to eliminate trans-fats from school lunches in Illinois.
It's been done in other states. Trans-fat is considered a health risk. Now, the American Heart Association is launching a campaign to get rid of them completely from school lunches and vending machines.
Heart attack warning signs: Chest discomfort, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, jaw or back pain
Stroke warning signs: Numbness of face, arm or leg, trouble speaking/understanding, trouble seeing, dizziness, severe headache
for your family, judy hsu
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 7 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 21 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma 48 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits 57 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos