For Your Family
Surviving Sore Throat Season
November 28, 2011 (WLS) -- With the cold temperatures, dry air, coughs and colds, your throat is always under attack.
So we wanted to find out the best over-the-counter and home remedies to take care of your throat. We went to the expert, one of favorite pharmacists, professor and head of the Department of Pharmacy Practice at UIC, Jan Engle.
We know a number of things can cause a sore throat, but how do we know when it's more serious like strep?
5-10% adult sore throats, 15-30% child sore throats are caused by strep
Strep symptoms include fever, swollen glands, white patches on back of throat, headache, nausea, chills
If you have just sore throat, what are the best remedies? We going to start with things you can do at home?
HOME REMEDIES FOR SORE THROATS:
Drink cold liquids
Gargle with warm salt water
Use a humidifier
for your family, judy hsu
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 17 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine 3 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- ABC7 to Go, April 17, 2014
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos