For Your Family
Surviving Sore Throat Season
November 28, 2011 (WLS) -- With the cold temperatures, dry air, coughs and colds, your throat is always under attack.
So we wanted to find out the best over-the-counter and home remedies to take care of your throat. We went to the expert, one of favorite pharmacists, professor and head of the Department of Pharmacy Practice at UIC, Jan Engle.
We know a number of things can cause a sore throat, but how do we know when it's more serious like strep?
5-10% adult sore throats, 15-30% child sore throats are caused by strep
Strep symptoms include fever, swollen glands, white patches on back of throat, headache, nausea, chills
If you have just sore throat, what are the best remedies? We going to start with things you can do at home?
HOME REMEDIES FOR SORE THROATS:
Drink cold liquids
Gargle with warm salt water
Use a humidifier
for your family, judy hsu
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos