For Your Family
For Your Family: 'Surviving Your Adolescents'
September 17, 2012 (WLS) -- In this "For Your Family," surviving your child's teenage years!
If you have a teen at home, you know about the rolling of the eyes and teens answering your questions with "fine" and "nothing." It can be a daily struggle.
Dr. Thomas Phelan has some help in his new book, Surviving Your Adolescents. He is also the author of the very popular 1,2,3 Magic book, which Judy Hsu says works like magic on little kids..
One of the biggest points from the book is that once a child becomes a teenager, a parent's role changes from a director to a consultant.
Top 5 Parents Should Know About New Job
If you're a parent of a teenager:
Don't take it personally
Manage and let go
Stay in touch
Take care of yourself
Relax and enjoy the movie
for your family, judy hsu
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples 4 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos