For Your Family
For Your Family: 'Surviving Your Adolescents'
September 17, 2012 (WLS) -- In this "For Your Family," surviving your child's teenage years!
If you have a teen at home, you know about the rolling of the eyes and teens answering your questions with "fine" and "nothing." It can be a daily struggle.
Dr. Thomas Phelan has some help in his new book, Surviving Your Adolescents. He is also the author of the very popular 1,2,3 Magic book, which Judy Hsu says works like magic on little kids..
One of the biggest points from the book is that once a child becomes a teenager, a parent's role changes from a director to a consultant.
Top 5 Parents Should Know About New Job
If you're a parent of a teenager:
Don't take it personally
Manage and let go
Stay in touch
Take care of yourself
Relax and enjoy the movie
for your family, judy hsu
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 40 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77