For Your Family
For Your Family: Fake Online Pharmacies
October 1, 2012 (WLS) -- In this 'For Your Family' segment, stunning revelations about how many fake pharmacies you can find online.
According to a new report by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, there are more than 10,000 online pharmacies and less than 3 percent of them actually comply with state and federal laws.
Cmsr. of the Food and Drug Administration Dr. Margaret Hamburg talked to ABC7 about this and shared some serious warnings for consumers.
Some new resources and online tools for consumers Hamburg mentioned are available at www.FDA.gov/BeSafeRx.
for your family, judy hsu
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 44 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple... 24 min ago
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77