For Your Family
For Your Family: Fake Online Pharmacies
October 1, 2012 (WLS) -- In this 'For Your Family' segment, stunning revelations about how many fake pharmacies you can find online.
According to a new report by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, there are more than 10,000 online pharmacies and less than 3 percent of them actually comply with state and federal laws.
Cmsr. of the Food and Drug Administration Dr. Margaret Hamburg talked to ABC7 about this and shared some serious warnings for consumers.
Some new resources and online tools for consumers Hamburg mentioned are available at www.FDA.gov/BeSafeRx.
for your family, judy hsu
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 50 min ago
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee 38 min ago
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance 16 min ago
- Blackhawks fans show support with lawns, office decor
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday 42 min ago
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Alex Spourdalakis mom, godmother take 5th in court
- Couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost in Mich.
- Firefighter in prison for wife murder still gets pension
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures...
50 min ago
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
16 min ago
- Yale Elementary students face reality of...
35 min ago