For Your Family
For Your Family: Fake Online Pharmacies
October 1, 2012 (WLS) -- In this 'For Your Family' segment, stunning revelations about how many fake pharmacies you can find online.
According to a new report by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, there are more than 10,000 online pharmacies and less than 3 percent of them actually comply with state and federal laws.
Cmsr. of the Food and Drug Administration Dr. Margaret Hamburg talked to ABC7 about this and shared some serious warnings for consumers.
Some new resources and online tools for consumers Hamburg mentioned are available at www.FDA.gov/BeSafeRx.
for your family, judy hsu
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after Bellwood shooting 12 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Decorating Pies
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos