For Your Family
For Your Family: Fake Online Pharmacies
October 1, 2012 (WLS) -- In this 'For Your Family' segment, stunning revelations about how many fake pharmacies you can find online.
According to a new report by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, there are more than 10,000 online pharmacies and less than 3 percent of them actually comply with state and federal laws.
Cmsr. of the Food and Drug Administration Dr. Margaret Hamburg talked to ABC7 about this and shared some serious warnings for consumers.
Some new resources and online tools for consumers Hamburg mentioned are available at www.FDA.gov/BeSafeRx.
for your family, judy hsu
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal 2 min ago
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- Divvy passes 1 million trip milestone in 9 months
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game