KFC asks for Pope's blessing of new sandwich
February 22, 2007 (WLS) -- Kentucky Fried Chicken is asking the Pope's blessing for its new fish sandwich. The Fish Snacker sandwich went on sale this week.
KFC's president sent a letter to Pope Benedict asking for his personal seal of approval for its Fish Snacker sandwich as an appropriate meal for lent.
The Vatican has only confirmed that it has received the request.
- United Dreamliner 787 lands at O'Hare
- School closings march protests CPS consolidations
- Donald Trump plaintiff: Someone must stand up to 'Celebrity...
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction rush hour
- Tinley Park man charged with carjacking ex-wife
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- 'Jammin' at the Zoo' concerts announced 55 min ago
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- Lunch Break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos