KFC asks for Pope's blessing of new sandwich
February 22, 2007 (WLS) -- Kentucky Fried Chicken is asking the Pope's blessing for its new fish sandwich. The Fish Snacker sandwich went on sale this week.
KFC's president sent a letter to Pope Benedict asking for his personal seal of approval for its Fish Snacker sandwich as an appropriate meal for lent.
The Vatican has only confirmed that it has received the request.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking