Credit Crisis: Help for consumers
Information on how to handle debt-- and agencies that can help.
National Foundation for Credit Counseling
The NFCC promotes the national agenda for financially responsible behavior and builds capacity for its members to deliver the highest quality financial education and counseling services:
Homeowners who want to avoid foreclosure or are concerned about their ability to make their mortgage payments can receive immediate assistance
DebtAdvice.org is designed to help consumers understand the wise use of credit and locate a trained, certified counselor if you are in need of assistance.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area