White Sox mulling line of Obama caps
January 26, 2009 (WLS) -- The White Sox are looking to cash in on their ties to President Obama.
Obama is a big fan and is often seen wearing a Sox cap.
The team is hoping to release a special cap in time for spring training that would feature the president's name and a special logo on the side and the back.
The White Sox need the president's approval before the cap goes into production.
Proceeds from the cap's sale would be donated to charities.
The team says sales of all of their hats have gone up 25 percent since the November election.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year