White Sox mulling line of Obama caps
January 26, 2009 (WLS) -- The White Sox are looking to cash in on their ties to President Obama.
Obama is a big fan and is often seen wearing a Sox cap.
The team is hoping to release a special cap in time for spring training that would feature the president's name and a special logo on the side and the back.
The White Sox need the president's approval before the cap goes into production.
Proceeds from the cap's sale would be donated to charities.
The team says sales of all of their hats have gone up 25 percent since the November election.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits