Mr. Beef facing financial problems
February 11, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There is hope that a fast food restaurant unique to Chicago will be able to stay open in the River North neighborhood-- despite a foreclosure lawsuit.
Midwest Bank is suing the owners of Mr. Beef, 666 N. Orleans, to collect $650,000 the bank says it is owed.
The son of one of the owners tells ABC7 talks are underway to extend their loan. Several banks are offering to help.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 48 min ago
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 54 min ago
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake