Mr. Beef facing financial problems
February 11, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There is hope that a fast food restaurant unique to Chicago will be able to stay open in the River North neighborhood-- despite a foreclosure lawsuit.
Midwest Bank is suing the owners of Mr. Beef, 666 N. Orleans, to collect $650,000 the bank says it is owed.
The son of one of the owners tells ABC7 talks are underway to extend their loan. Several banks are offering to help.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party 14 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 52 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 27 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross 13 min ago
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds 30 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos