Hollywood Video parent company files for bankruptcy
February 3, 2010 (WLS) -- The parent company of Hollywood Video is filing for bankruptcy protection. That means there is a chance a Hollywood video store near you may be closing.
The company plans to shut down about 800 poorly performing stores.
The chain is losing customers to Netflix which rents movies by mail and online and to Red Box movie rental kiosks.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates