Hollywood Video parent company files for bankruptcy
February 3, 2010 (WLS) -- The parent company of Hollywood Video is filing for bankruptcy protection. That means there is a chance a Hollywood video store near you may be closing.
The company plans to shut down about 800 poorly performing stores.
The chain is losing customers to Netflix which rents movies by mail and online and to Red Box movie rental kiosks.
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos