Oatmeal and bananas in a vending machines?
April 29, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Vending machines aren't just for soda and chips anymore.
Members of the vending industry met at McCormick Place this week to talk about the future of on-the-go options.
The new machines include one by Quaker that dishes out hot oatmeal with up to two toppings per serving. Another one by Del Monte sells fresh fruit and vegetables. Special packaging slows the ripening process to keep fruit fresh up to 5 days.
The show is not open to the public.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car...
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend 34 min ago
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos