Longer wait could be in store to rent newly-released DVDs
January 6, 2012 (WLS) -- Reports are circulating that Warner Brothers has struck a deal with Netflix, Redbox and Blockbuster that would require them to wait 56 days after DVDs go on sale before renting them.
The deal is expected to be announced next week.
Currently, customers must wait 28 days after a movie goes on sale to rent it.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 17 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 12 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra delays after man hit by train on NW Side
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 51 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago 52 min ago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 38 min ago
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park...
17 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
12 min ago