Eager customers line up to get new iPad
March 16, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- People were in line all night late Thursday into Friday morning at the Apple Store on Chicago's Michigan Avenue, hoping to be among the first customers to get the new iPad.
The latest version, which Apple is purposely calling "The New iPad" instead of the "iPad 3," went on sale Friday.
ABC7 Chicago talked to the first person in line who said she had been camped out in front of the store since before 8 p.m. Thursday.
"They're supposed to open early at 8 o'clock. So, we'll probably start getting excited around 7:30 or so. It actually hasn't been that bad, the weather, it's Chicago so&." Dawn Catino said.
The third version of the iPad comes with a faster processor, a five-megapixel camera and a much sharper screen.
The price starts at $499.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 4 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 5 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway 49 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos