Mattel to make bald Barbie
March 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A new doll is created to help sick children who are facing hair loss.
Mattel says next year it will begin production of a friend for Barbie that is bald. The new doll comes with wigs, scarves and other accessories often used by people dealing with hair loss.
Mattel plans to give the dolls directly to sick kids through the Children's Hospital Association, the Children's Cancer Foundation and other organizations.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 58 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- 7 in :77