Whole Foods to stop selling red-rated seafood
March 30, 2012 (WLS) -- Whole Foods will soon stop selling what's called red-rated seafood, including species that are suffering from overfishing or harmful fishing methods.
Atlantic Halibut, grey sole and skate are among the varieties that will no longer be sold as of April 22.
Whole Foods is the first national grocery store chain to stop selling red-rated seafood.
Ratings on seafood are determined by non-profit research organizations.
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney 10 min ago
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial 45 min ago
- 24 sets of twins break record in Wilmette 5th grade
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos