Whole Foods to stop selling red-rated seafood
March 30, 2012 (WLS) -- Whole Foods will soon stop selling what's called red-rated seafood, including species that are suffering from overfishing or harmful fishing methods.
Atlantic Halibut, grey sole and skate are among the varieties that will no longer be sold as of April 22.
Whole Foods is the first national grocery store chain to stop selling red-rated seafood.
Ratings on seafood are determined by non-profit research organizations.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side 6 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations