Whole Foods to stop selling red-rated seafood
March 30, 2012 (WLS) -- Whole Foods will soon stop selling what's called red-rated seafood, including species that are suffering from overfishing or harmful fishing methods.
Atlantic Halibut, grey sole and skate are among the varieties that will no longer be sold as of April 22.
Whole Foods is the first national grocery store chain to stop selling red-rated seafood.
Ratings on seafood are determined by non-profit research organizations.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 33 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 39 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 13 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 44 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
47 min ago