IKEA to sell high-tech furniture
April 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Swedish retailer IKEA has unveiled a smart TV and sound system that's built into an entertainment stand.
The "Up-Leva" system integrates a high-definition television with Wi-Fi support, speakers and a player that works for Blu-Ray, DVDs and CDs. There's also a compartment to hide cables.
The furniture will first be available in Europe and it will be sold in more countries by next year. There is no word on when it will arrive in IKEA stores in the United States.
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Milwaukee District West Metra trains moving, but delayed
- 'Sopranos' star James Gandolfini dead at 51 in Italy 22 min ago
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- Blackhawks fans show support with lawns, office decor
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit