IKEA to sell high-tech furniture
April 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Swedish retailer IKEA has unveiled a smart TV and sound system that's built into an entertainment stand.
The "Up-Leva" system integrates a high-definition television with Wi-Fi support, speakers and a player that works for Blu-Ray, DVDs and CDs. There's also a compartment to hide cables.
The furniture will first be available in Europe and it will be sold in more countries by next year. There is no word on when it will arrive in IKEA stores in the United States.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 10 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife 36 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- Chicago bridges lift as sailboats begin journey to harbors
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos