Orbitz shows Mac users pricier travel options
June 26, 2012 (WLS) -- An online travel booking giant is offering pricier options to those surfing from a Mac computer rather than a PC.
Orbitz executives tell the Wall Street Journal they are testing a system which displays different deals depending on the user's operating system.
The company says tests show that Mac users spend more money on hotels than PC users.
Orbitz stresses that it is not offering the same rooms at different prices.
Users can always sort options by price, so anyone can find the best deal.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop 22 min ago
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side 36 min ago
- Bank robbery suspect sought by FBI
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Making Your Own Candy Canes
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area