DirecTV could lose 26 channels Tuesday
July 10, 2012 (WLS) -- Subscribers to DirecTV may lose 26 channels from Viacom at midnight Tuesday if the two companies do not reach an agreement.
Viacom's programming includes Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, VH1, CMT, Spike TV, TV Land and more.
A seven-year agreement between the two companies expired June 30, and after a deadline extension, a deal still has yet to be reached.
Viacom says Nickelodeon is the most-watched channel on DirecTV.
A dispute between Chicago's Tribune Company and the satellite dish provider was resolved in early April when stations, including WGN, were at risk due to a contract stalemate.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car... 38 min ago
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 58 min ago
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend 11 min ago
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos