DirecTV drops 26 Viacom channels
July 11, 2012 (WLS) -- Subscribers to DirecTV lost 26 channels from Viacom just before midnight Tuesday, including Comedy Central, BET, MTV, Nickelodeon and more, after the two companies failed to reach an agreement.
Viacom's programming also includes VH1, CMT, Spike TV, TV Land and several related MTV and Nickelodeon channels.
A seven-year agreement between the two companies expired June 30, and after a deadline extension, a deal still had yet to be reached.
Viacom says Nickelodeon is the most-watched channel on DirecTV.
A dispute between Chicago's Tribune Company and the satellite dish provider was resolved in early April when stations, including WGN, were at risk due to a contract stalemate.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos