DirecTV drops 26 Viacom channels
July 11, 2012 (WLS) -- Subscribers to DirecTV lost 26 channels from Viacom just before midnight Tuesday, including Comedy Central, BET, MTV, Nickelodeon and more, after the two companies failed to reach an agreement.
Viacom's programming also includes VH1, CMT, Spike TV, TV Land and several related MTV and Nickelodeon channels.
A seven-year agreement between the two companies expired June 30, and after a deadline extension, a deal still had yet to be reached.
Viacom says Nickelodeon is the most-watched channel on DirecTV.
A dispute between Chicago's Tribune Company and the satellite dish provider was resolved in early April when stations, including WGN, were at risk due to a contract stalemate.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 51 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 57 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality 52 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
44 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning...
57 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
51 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos