GE dishwashers recalled due to fire hazard
August 9, 2012 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- GE is recalling some popular selling dishwashers. More than a million dishwashers could experience an electrical failure and possibly cause a fire.
Seven fires have been reported.
The recall includes more than a million dishwashers sold under the names: GE, GE Adora, GE Eterna, GE profile and Hotpoint.
More information, including specific model and serial numbers, can be found on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website: www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12244.html
You should unplug the dishwashers and contact GE for free repairs.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas