Skechers to pay $40M settlement for Shape-Ups, toning shoe ad claims
August 14, 2012 (WLS) -- A federal judge has tentatively approved a $40 million settlement between Skechers and consumers who bought the toning shoes.
Ads made unfounded claims that the footwear would help people lose weight and strengthen muscles.
Customers will be able to get a maximum repayment for their purchases -- ranging from $84 to $40 for Shape-Ups, Resistance Runner shoes, Podded Sole shoes and Tone-Ups.
The agreement comes after Skechers reached a deal with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) over the advertisements.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 43 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death 21 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area 1 min ago
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder 6 min ago
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 vehicles involved in Oswego head-on collision 44 min ago
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote 16 min ago
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 7 in :77
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
43 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos