Big box retailers developing mobile app for purchases
August 16, 2012 (WLS) -- Several retailers are teaming up to allow customers to make purchases with their smarthones.
The stores include Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Target. They are forming a partnership for a new company called Merchant Customer Exchange." It's developing a mobile app for purchases that will be available for nearly any smartphone.
The app is expected to integrate a variety of coupons, rebates and loyalty programs.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913