Explosion at chemical plant could cause diaper shortage
October 1, 2012 (WLS) -- An explosion at a Japanese chemical plant this weekend could significantly cut diaper production.
The plant is one of the world's largest producers of absorbing polymers, a main ingredient in disposable diapers including Pampers and Huggies.
The manufacturer working to set up alternate production facilities.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 33 min ago
- Girl, about 3, found dead in Riverdale woods
- Toddler reported missing on South Side 36 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues 13 min ago
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
36 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour...
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos