American Express to refund $85M to customers
October 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- American Express must refund 85 million to customers who signed up for the Blue Sky credit card.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau says American Express illegally charged customers late fees, promised them non-existent rewards and discriminated against applicants based on age.
Recently, Discover and Capital One were also ordered to give refunds for deceptive marketing practices.
Regulators say American Express customers should expect refund checks by March.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos