FDA: Avon ANEW marketing makes false claims
October 17, 2012 (WLS) -- The government puts Avon on notice about some of its skin care claims.
The Food and Drug Administration sent a warning letter to Avon about its marketing of products- mostly involving its ANEW skin care brand.
The FDA says the warning is based on claims that its anti-wrinkle products can stimulate cells or reactivate the skin's repair progress. The FDA says those claims falsely make the products sound like drugs.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 42 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77