Barnes & Noble warns customers after fraud
October 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Barnes and Noble says devices customers use to swipe credit cards and debit cards have been tampered with at 63 of its stores, including seven here in the Chicago area.
The New York-based company is warning customers to check for unauthorized transactions and to change their personal identification numbers or pins.
It's not clear how man accounts may have been compromised.
The stores affected in the Chicago area include:
1441 West Webster Avenue Chicago IL 60614
1130 North State Street Chicago IL 60610
5380 Route 14 Crystal Lake IL 60014
20600 North Rand Road Deer Park IL 60010
728 North Waukegan Road Deerfield IL 60015
1630 Sherman Avenue Evanston IL 60201
1468 Springhill Mall Blvd W. Dundee IL 60118
For additional information and updates, visit the Barnes & Noble website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com. Customers may also call 1-888-471-7809.
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell 4 min ago
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up 3 min ago
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number 1 min ago
- Cook County sheriff provides free child ID kits
- Some construction suspended over holiday weekend
- Couple implicated in boy's death enter plea
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old 19 min ago
- 7 in :77