Barnes & Noble warns customers after fraud
October 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Barnes and Noble says devices customers use to swipe credit cards and debit cards have been tampered with at 63 of its stores, including seven here in the Chicago area.
The New York-based company is warning customers to check for unauthorized transactions and to change their personal identification numbers or pins.
It's not clear how man accounts may have been compromised.
The stores affected in the Chicago area include:
1441 West Webster Avenue Chicago IL 60614
1130 North State Street Chicago IL 60610
5380 Route 14 Crystal Lake IL 60014
20600 North Rand Road Deer Park IL 60010
728 North Waukegan Road Deerfield IL 60015
1630 Sherman Avenue Evanston IL 60201
1468 Springhill Mall Blvd W. Dundee IL 60118
For additional information and updates, visit the Barnes & Noble website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com. Customers may also call 1-888-471-7809.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman 19 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 31 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches 47 min ago
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos