College tuition at 4-year universities goes up
October 24, 2012 (WLS) -- The cost for students attending college this fall has jumped for the second year in a row.
The sticker price for in-state tuition at four-year public universities climbed nearly 5 percent. That equals about $400 more, raising tuition costs to about 8,600.
Experts say the increases are modest in comparison to previous years.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Schaumburg couple survived Oklahoma tornado
- Roseland Hospital to lay off 68
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos