Which AA batteries last longest?
October 26, 2012 (WLS) -- Americans burn through several million batteries each year. AA batteries are the most popular. Just in time for the holidays, Consumer Reports' test results are in on which ones last the longest.
They tested a dozen batteries, including big name and store brands.
Testers used a rack programmed to mimic a digital camera and a flashlight.
The Eveready Gold, which were the worst batteries, took only 52 shots with the camera before dying.
The Energizer Ultimate Lithium, the best batteries, took 682 shots. But they are more expensive, at more than $2.50 per battery.
Among the alkaline batteries, top ratings went to the Duracell Ultra Power, which cost about $1 a battery.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 59 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 39 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 11 min ago
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos