Which AA batteries last longest?
October 26, 2012 (WLS) -- Americans burn through several million batteries each year. AA batteries are the most popular. Just in time for the holidays, Consumer Reports' test results are in on which ones last the longest.
They tested a dozen batteries, including big name and store brands.
Testers used a rack programmed to mimic a digital camera and a flashlight.
The Eveready Gold, which were the worst batteries, took only 52 shots with the camera before dying.
The Energizer Ultimate Lithium, the best batteries, took 682 shots. But they are more expensive, at more than $2.50 per battery.
Among the alkaline batteries, top ratings went to the Duracell Ultra Power, which cost about $1 a battery.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject 58 min ago
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- 'Frozen' takes top box office spot with $31.6M
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos