UPS to hire 55K workers for holiday season
October 31, 2012 (WLS) -- UPS expects its holiday shipments to jump nearly 10 percent. The shipping service expects to deliver 527 million packages between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
The company says the increase is due to a rise in online shopping. The busiest shipping day is expected to be on December 20.To handle all those packages, UPS plans to hire 55,000 seasonal workers.
Rival Fedex is also projecting a jump in holiday shipments.
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Ind. beaches close after substance found in water
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday 9 min ago
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- UofC biochem student missing 6 days 10 min ago
- Report: Special session on pension to cost $40K a day
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- Wheeling to consider assault weapons ban
- Man tried to sexually assault girl, 14, at gunpoint: Police
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos