Portable generators made by Champion Power Equipment recalled
November 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thousands of portable generators sold at Costco are being recalled because of a fire hazard.
Fuel has been known to leak from the generators and catch fire.
The recall impacts two generators made by Champion Power Equipment. Both models have a black frame and yellow control panels.
The units should be returned to Costco for a refund.
For more information, visit www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13026.html
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 11 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant 10 min ago
- School, Emergency Closings
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
15 min ago