Chrysler recall related to air bags
November 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chrysler says thousands of older-model Jeeps have air bags that can inflate while people are driving.
An investigation found the air bags deployed unexpectedly 215 times. Eighty-one injuries were reported.
The recall includes 2002 through 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees and 2002 and 2003 models of the Jeep Liberty.
Owners will be notified about repairs starting in January.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking