JC Penney looks to boost holiday sales with gift buttons
November 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- JC Penney is changing its holiday sales strategy.
Instead of coupons, the retailer will hand out buttons to customers starting the day after Thanksgiving. They will have a code redeemable for prizes, trips or gift cards.
JC Penney is looking to boost sales. It launched a new pricing strategy almost a year ago, which has fewer sales and more competitive pricing day to day.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Schaumburg couple survived Oklahoma tornado 30 min ago
- Roseland Hospital to lay off 68
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos