JC Penney looks to boost holiday sales with gift buttons
November 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- JC Penney is changing its holiday sales strategy.
Instead of coupons, the retailer will hand out buttons to customers starting the day after Thanksgiving. They will have a code redeemable for prizes, trips or gift cards.
JC Penney is looking to boost sales. It launched a new pricing strategy almost a year ago, which has fewer sales and more competitive pricing day to day.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 12 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side 6 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- ABC7 To Go, December 12, 2013
42 min ago