Tesla Model S named car of the year by Motor Trend
November 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Motor Trend magazine has named the Tesla Model S car of the year.
The 2013 Tesla Model S is the first non-gasoline powered car to earn the honor.
The Tesla Model S beat out finalists including both family and luxury cars ranging from Ford, Honda and Subaru to Lexus and Porsche.
The Model S comes with a luxury-car price tag. It starts at around $50,000.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 9 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows 12 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Stranded hiker rescued from Tenn. waterfall ledge
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport