Tesla Model S named car of the year by Motor Trend
November 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Motor Trend magazine has named the Tesla Model S car of the year.
The 2013 Tesla Model S is the first non-gasoline powered car to earn the honor.
The Tesla Model S beat out finalists including both family and luxury cars ranging from Ford, Honda and Subaru to Lexus and Porsche.
The Model S comes with a luxury-car price tag. It starts at around $50,000.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...