Post office experimenting with same-day delivery
November 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The U.S. Postal Service is trying out a new premium shipping option for those shopping online.
It is teaming up with major retailers to offer same-day package delivery. Right now, the service is being tested only in San Francisco. This follows similar efforts by eBay, Amazon.com and most recently Walmart. The post office says if the trial run is successful, it will expand next year to Chicago and other big cities.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 27 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 13 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 12 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California 39 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 41 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All