Cyber Monday to keep shoppers excited
November 24, 2012 (WLS) -- As the hoopla behind Black Friday starts to wind down, stores are stepping up efforts to keep shoppers excited with cyber Monday deals.
It's billed as the official start of the online holiday shopping season, but some stores are already shelling out big post-Thanksgiving discounts online.
Retailers, like Wal-Mart and Amazon, are extending their deals into the full week.
Others are offering special deals for followers and friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Retail experts estimate sales from Monday alone will reach about $2 billion.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe 27 min ago
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths 56 min ago
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs 55 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest 59 min ago
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Settlement reached after lottery winner's...
39 min ago