Cyber Monday to keep shoppers excited
November 24, 2012 (WLS) -- As the hoopla behind Black Friday starts to wind down, stores are stepping up efforts to keep shoppers excited with cyber Monday deals.
It's billed as the official start of the online holiday shopping season, but some stores are already shelling out big post-Thanksgiving discounts online.
Retailers, like Wal-Mart and Amazon, are extending their deals into the full week.
Others are offering special deals for followers and friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Retail experts estimate sales from Monday alone will reach about $2 billion.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 48 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake